Teacup pigs are widely popular as pets in the United States and Canada. There are several reasons for their widespread popularity. They are small in size, noiseless and intelligent creatures which make them a great choice for the pet owners. They are very affectionate and playful. The witty nature of these pets is one of the main reasons which accounts for an extra point in their kitty.
Dogs are also very popular pet animals but pigs have the following advantages over the dogs:
• Pigs do not make noise or do not bark. Sometimes, the barking of dogs can be annoying to the neighbors and for the owner as well. Therefore, when it comes to having a peaceful and less disturbing animal as a pet, pigs take a point ahead of dogs.
• Pigs have very soft and fine hair on their body which never shed. This feature makes them a better option for those who have respiratory diseases or skin allergies. Dogs shed their hair a lot and it becomes very difficult for people with such problems to keep them as pets.
• Teacup pigs are usually small in size and this serves as a big advantage.
• Pigs are very clean animals. Their cleanliness is another point which makes them a better choice of pets as compared to dogs.
• Pigs are very intelligent animals. They can recognize mirrors, remember the storage places of their food and also keep in mind that litter boxes are meant for urination and defecation (if trained to do so).
Having a pig as a pet is not at all easy because it is like having a little child in the house for the whole of its lifespan. This can be considered as both an advantage and a disadvantage as well. This is due to the fact that their childish nature makes them even more adorable. They quickly bond and show their love for their owners. However, just like a small child, they demand ample time and attention. If they do not get their time, they can scratch carpets or destroy household items in anger.
Since they are smart animals, they can better understand humans. They understand human emotions and grieve over deaths just like humans. In fact, scientists have found a great deal of similarity between the genetic structure of pigs and human beings. They can bond faster in comparison with dogs. Moreover, their inclusion in the list of top 10 intelligent animals (where dogs are not included) is another cause for their widespread popularity.
Also, it is not possible to keep both a pig and a dog as pets. This is because pigs and dogs can never bond. Dogs have an instinctive dislike for pigs. Therefore, when it comes to choosing between a pig and a dog, people generally choose pigs. Even though they are not easy to handle, they still make great pets and one never gets tired of playing with this creature. All these reasons account for their preference as pets over dogs.
© Pampered Piglets 2020. All rights reserved